Clash of Steel
for Military History & Aviation enthusiasts

Search :

Bofors 40mm light Anti-Aircraft Gun




Description

The 40mm L/60 automatic anti-aircraft gun was designed in Sweden by Bofors in 1928. It became so successful it was simply known as a 'Bofors gun' and in various guises has been used by many armed forces up to the present. This particular example dates from 1937 and is mounted on the original 4-wheeled light carriage and could achieve120 rounds per minute and a ceiling of 4,600m.

Location

Imperial War Museum, London, England. October 2003.

Related images