Clash of Steel
for Military History & Aviation enthusiasts

Search :

RAF Linton-on-Ouse, 1930's Hangars




Description

These two hangars still used to house RAF Linton-on-Ouse's complement of Tucano T1 training aircraft are the original hangars built when the station first opened in May 1937 and are largely unchanged. Comfortably accomodating the Halifax and Whitley bombers based at Linton during the war they now somewhat dwarf the twin-seat turbo-prop trainers they now house.

Location

RAF Linton-on-Ouse, North Yorkshire, England. May 2004.

Related images